This much was true:
- Boop would like a skull cap.
- The best skull caps are crocheted.
- I have crochet hooks.
- I needed a rationale for using the Noro sock yarn that I snapped up without thinking.
And then it all came together:
This is my swatch, showing double crochet (left), single crochet (middle), and half double crochet (right). I will probably work out a pattern de novo, since hats that are not head-shaped make me crazy.
Other reasons to improve the crochet chops:
- freeform (influences: Claudia and Danielle Miller)
- air travel (I have it on excellent authority that Heathrow permits no knitting needles)
- iconoclasm (always popular with me)
- See pain for responses to Jenn C, Mafia, Julie, Ariel, DH, Nik, Emily, Erich, I Hate Toast, and Dorothy
- See last in, first out for responses to I Hate Toast, Claudia, and Dorothy
- See the point for responses to Dave, Mishka, Heather, Dorothy, I Hate Toast, Emily, Rebecca
- See penultimate for responses to I Hate Toast, Erich
- See conclusion for responses to Rebecca, Bethe, I Hate Toast, Judy, Dorothy
- See charity quiz for responses to Ariel, Dorothy, Jenn C, Brenda, Rebecca, and Mafia